Tri-State Bulk Garden Supply
The highest quality bulk garden supplies delivered to your home in Sussex County, NJ.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Tri-State Bulk Garden Supply owner, Nick Franchino, answers some of the frequently asked questions to assist you in selecting the product most suited for your landscaping needs.
Also provided are instructions to help you calcualte the material needed for your project.
Hey Nick, what is a 'yard' of material?
A yard of topsoil, mulch or stone is 27 cubic feet of material: 3 feet wide by 3 feet long by 3 feet high.
How do I calculate how much material I need?
- Determine how thick you would like the coverage. (ie. 2 inches, 3 inches, 4 inches)
- Measure the area to be covered - length times width - to determine square footage.
- Divide square footage by 27. The result will be for 1 foot thickness of material.
- For lighter coverage divide further:
- For 4 inches - divide answer by 3.
- For 3 inches - divide answer by 4.
- For 2 inches - divide answer by 6.
Example: 4 inch thick Mulch for Flower Bed 18 ft. x 4 ft.
18 ft. x 4 ft.= 72 sq. ft.
72 sq. ft. /27 = 2.6
2.6 /3 = 0.88 yards of material
- Or call Nick or Dawn for estimate...
How many yards of mulch fit in a standard pick-up truck?
About 2 cubic yards.
Do I need to pick up my material or do you deliver?
We offer delivery to Sussex County, New Jersey:
Residential Deliveries: We deliver to most areas in Sussex County and within a 15 mile radius.
Commercial Deliveries are available within a 50 mile radius.
Please call 973-875-8890 for pricing.